Saturday, December 31, 2005

Riley's Christmas story

I just realized that I posted this on the wrong blog - probably because it was super late at night when I was writing. Anyway...

I wasn't going to do this, but I can't resist. The other day I was baking something and Riley was watching. I was trying to think of something to talk about, so I asked her if she knew what the Christmas story was all about. She proceeded with something that was about like this:

Well, an angel came to Mary - I think his name was Solomon - and told her she was going to have a baby and to call him Jesus and Immanuel, which means God With Us, and so then the angel went to tell Joseph but Joseph didn't really believe him so the angel had to make it so he couldn't talk until the baby was born. Then they got married and she had the baby, but before she had the baby they had to go down to Bethlehem and when they got there there were no houses so they had to borrow one. They laid the baby in the manger and all the wise men came, and they stayed there until Jesus was twelve and then they went up to the temple. On the way, they turned around and he was gone! He was in the temple in his father's house teaching all the teachers and grown-ups stuff like how to be a parent and don't yell at your kids and stuff. Then they went home, and when he grew up he ruled over the whole land. The end.

I figure there's a good amount of meat in there - and then some significant problems - but she's listening. When I said "wow, Ri, you know a lot about it" she said "yeah, I always listen to the Bible stories."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]